close
close

Steve Buscemi is OK after a random attack in Manhattan

Steve Buscemi is doing well after being attacked in New York last week.

The New York Post reported Sunday that the actor was walking through the Kips Bay neighborhood in eastern Manhattan when he fell victim to a random attack.

His publicist confirmed the news and said Buscemi was OK following the attack, which occurred in broad daylight.

“Steve Buscemi was attacked in Midtown Manhattan, another victim of random violence in the city,” his publicist said in a statement. “He’s doing well and appreciates everyone’s well wishes, although he’s incredibly sad for everyone that this happened while he was walking the streets of New York at the same time.”

Buscemi is the latest celebrity to fall victim to a random attack. Michael Stuhlbarg, who starred alongside Buscemi in HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, was hit in the neck by a stone in March. New York police arrested a tramp, Xavier Israel, in the attack.

In recent years, actor Rick Moranis and reality star Bethenny Frankel have also been victims of random attacks in New York City.

Reached by phone Sunday, an NYPD spokesman said The Hollywood Reporter that she has no information about the incident. But law enforcement sources said so The New York Post that the attacker has run away and has not yet been found. The post added that police were looking for a bearded man who was wearing a baseball cap, blue T-shirt and black sweatpants.

Buscemi, a Brooklyn native, is a former FDNY firefighter who helped his former fire department, Engine 55, after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

Buscemi, whose resume also includes Fargo And Reservoir Dogs, In addition to numerous other TV and film appearances, he recently guest starred on the final season of HBO Curb your enthusiasm.